Tuesday 6 January 2015

Always lovely to receive a Postcard or Two and a gift! ♥

 
Even from thousands of miles away ,
and I mean thousands.
my friend Marilyn thought of me and sena card from
Santiago , Chile.
 
Marilyn travels a lot , and she doesn't have a blog . I
think she should, maybe one day!!

View Larger Map
 
Santiago, also Santiago de Chile, is the capital and
largest city of Chile and  is located in the country's central valley,
at an elevation of 520 m above mean sea level.
 
 
Looks fabulous.  They also  went to
Easter Island. Has anyone been to Easter Island?
Marilyn and her husband Trev are the only people I know to go.
A boyhood dream for Trevor.
 
RED  marks the Spot ... Easter Island..
 
 
 

 
 
  
 Easter Island is a Polynesian island in the southeastern Pacific Ocean,
and is famous for its 887 extant monumental statues, called moai,
 created by the early Rapa Nui people.
 
Easter Island is one of the most remote inhabited island in the world,
more than 2,180 miles away from the coast of Chile and
1,289 miles from the nearest inhabited island

A BIG THANK YOU to Marilyn.
 
♥ ♥ ♥
 
Two  days before Christmas. 
 I had a parcel from ITALY !!
 
I had a huge surprise !!
 
Well what was inside was a surprise but unfortunately
he (Christian) had to tell me  to expect the delivery as the company,
he uses, wanted a phone number for me. So he had to ask me.
 
Christian is a  wonderful young man , who I happened
to meet when working at Williams F1. He is Italian, he lives in Italy with his
wife AND  he is a WILLIAMS F1 FAN!!!  (Unusual :-) )
 
He lives in Verona , and one day I will go ,he will be my guide.
How wonderful. Funny thing is, he says he lives in the WRONG country!!
And I live near his TEAM !!
 
 
Inside was a postcard
 

A lovely box
 

 
YES it was a Panetonne
all the way from VERONA
 
 

And a box of Waferini ..


 
I was over the moon , I was shocked and surprised , I wept a tear.. 
Such a  wonderful gift .  It meant a lot .
 
Just as much as  the Williams shirt I sent him means to him!!
 
Big thank you Christian.  Forza Williams !!
 


4 comments:

  1. You have made some wonderful friends from around the world Anne, well done. Keep well Diane xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot about your collection of postcards. I owe you one-my postcard to you was long forgotten in the year. Do send me your address chocolate and croissants at yahoo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful! We got some sweets and a tiny Panettone from some Italian friends last week, from here :http://www.dolcebassano.it/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you to everyone for commenting, it certainly makes my day. A pleasure to see everyone of you. Old and New.. Blogging not only opens up the world but gives us new friends.